Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mind Junk


This past week has been filled with mind "junk". I really dislike all the clutter that tends to fill my mind - sorting things that need to get done, mapping a plan for the coming weeks/months, trying to figure out how to fit it all on the calendar-realizing that this month is gone!-, keeping up with the "honey do's" (or not). You know all the "junk" that takes up valuable thinking space that should be used for working on art!  I am finalizing the last two pieces for The Art in Fiber show and am having a great deal of difficulty clearing my mind so that I can focus on the work. This particular piece seems to say it all - a rambling line going through the endless chambers - lots of side "sparks" flying off it - I'm thinking this must be a self portrait of what is going on in my head right now. Thoughts weaving in and out, bits of random sentences here and there - and of course the rambling line - going aimlessly through all the areas of clutter - Perhaps the last stitch will release the clutter and I can once again be more focused on the making of art.

The Art in Fiber
February 5th - March 7th, 2010
Copper Shade Tree Gallery
Round Top, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment