Thursday, December 3, 2009

Balance

In many ways my work is merely a reflection of what is going on in my life.  I think that many artists work this way.  I find that trying to balance the everyday living and then making time for art is always complicated for me.  Although I no longer have to report in at a "9 - 5" job, I still have several "jobs" I do from home.  Trying to find the discipline to work is difficult for me.  I am easily distracted by the "just one more entry to the books" or "it will just take 10 minutes to get these invoices out" or "I'll just throw a load of laundry in"...... the "JUSTS" seem to take up a lot of time and before I know it my intent to get in the studio and work is just a dream.  I am making an effort to work everyday, be it in small steps or to be able to sit and stitch all day. (That only happens when deadlines are near!)

This small 12" x 12" piece was about balance - perhaps it wasn't balancing fate but balancing my life. 



Balancing Fate 12" x 12" x 1"



1 comment:

  1. Dear Laura,
    Love the ORANGE!! and the raggedy edges. Very clean abstracts.

    Keep up the good work,
    Linda Laird
    Quiltart list
    quiltlady@san.rr.com

    ReplyDelete